|Posted by wogletree on June 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM|
A Department of Mental Health-credentialed IDD Therapist
• is one who has applied and met the following requirements: employment, education. Experience, and inservice. Training requirements.
• Criteria first established by State Board of Mental Health in Jan. 1997
• PCIDDT provisionally certified after July 1, 1998 must complete MR-CTOP (Mental Retardation Core Training Program)
• Is CURRENTLY employed within Mississippi’s state mental health system and provides services within that system.
• State mental health system the network of programs within the state of Mississippi which receive funding or programmatic certification from the Department of Mental Health.
o A 1997 amendment to the original 1996 state law limits these professional credentials to persons employed within the system.
• Includes: PCIDDT, CIDDT, LCIDDT (Licensed Clinical IDD Therapist)
Scope of Practice
• May include adherence to the following standards principles, methods, etc.:
o DMH Minimum Standards for Community Mental Health/Mental Retardation Services, including the following parts:
Part II Organization and Management
Part III Human Services
Part IV Community IDD Services
Other parts or sections applicable to services provided
o BMH Record guide
o Division of Medicaid’s Mississippi Provider Policy Manual for those applicable providers
o Applicable Program Manual requirements for staff of regional facilities
o Program Policies and Procedures
o Best practices within the field of service, and
o Any specifications set forth in Requests For Proposal (RFPs) for grant-funded programs
• And DMH’s ethical standards/principles
o See Handout 2
• Therapists should notify PLACE of changes in vital information within 14 days.
• Name change:
o Place a request for a name change
o With original certificate, and
o Legal papers verifying name change, and
o $25 to cover cost.
• With 14 days of separation from the state mental health system, a therapist must contact Place to pursue one of the following:
o Inactive (must meet biennial renewal requirements; not applicable to PCIDDT)
o Extend (PCIDDT)
o Retire (may keep certificate and title but may not practice)
• All requests for change are reviewed by the PLACE Review Board and the DMH Executive Director
o Employment in state mental health system
o Notification of PLACE of change in vital information, esp. employment
o Operate within scope of experience and education
o Individual who holds additional professional credential must hold to all DMH ethical principles in addition to any required by other credentialing body.
o The ethical principles are not to alleviate other guidelines but are in addition to them.